BCSC Diploma in Shopping Centre Management
Designed in partnership with the British Council of Shopping Centres and widely recognised by leading employers in the UK and internationally, this newly updated course has been specifically designed for those ready to take the next step in their career development within the retail industry.
This course aims to develop students' knowledge and understanding of retail property management. Many students on this course are employed in active retail environments that have peak seasonal trading periods during the year. Uniquely, the Diploma has been structured to fit around these busy times.
Why study this course?
- The 'must have' qualification in Retail Asset Management
- Further your career
- Improve the management of shopping centres for the benefit of customers, retailers and owners
- Develop business skills and gain a wider understanding of shopping centre management
- Build on personal and practical experience in the workplace
- Benefit from on-site presentations and tours of leading UK shopping centres and a broad range of innovative online learning activities
No prior knowledge in related subject areas is assumed in recognition of the varied backgrounds of participants.
Applications are welcomed from employees of Members of the British Council of Shopping Centres (BCSC) or International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
Award: BCSC Diploma in Shopping Centre Management
Duration: 2 - 4 years
Normally 15-20 hours of study per week, but this is reduced if you take longer than 2 years to complete.
Application and start dates:
- 8 December 2014 to start 12 January 2015
- 11 May 2015 to start 08 June 2015
Fees: £1,130 per module, x 8 modules
Total course fee: £9,040 (total cost indicative)
The course has been developed jointly by the BCSC and The College of Estate Management
Formed in 1983, the British Council of Shopping Centres represents the retail property industry. Its primary objective is to encourage improvement in the standards of management, planning and design of British shopping centres. Membership is open to all professional consultants, retailers and contractors involved in the ownership, development or operation of shopping centres. Free student membership of the BCSC is given to all students of this course upon entry.
BCSC organises regular lunchtime lectures, centre visits, seminars and conferences to keep its Members updated on the latest trends and developments in the UK and overseas.
At least two years' experience of, or employment within, centre management, or appropriate experience of management in the retail or related industries over the same period, or one of the following:
- 1 A Level pass or local equivalent qualification, including Scottish Highers or Irish Leaving Certificate
- Edexcel BTEC National Certificate or National Diploma
- NVQ Level 3
- Pass in one 6-unit Vocational Certificate of Education at Advanced Level (AVCE)
- Other equivalent qualifications at NQF Level 3
- CEM Diploma in Surveying Practice/Construction Practice
- Relevant professional qualifications
If you are not directly employed in the shopping centre industry, you must demonstrate a commitment to obtaining qualifications in order to progress to centre management.
January and June Semesters for both Parts 1 and 2 will include an introductory workshop and a shopping centre study tour.
Overnight accommodation is not provided as part of these sessions.
We recommend that you also attend the annual BCSC/CEM Shopping Centre Management Conference in September
Assessment consists of assignments and/or examinations with the exception of the major project in Part 2, which is totally based on coursework submissions.
You will complete and submit one assignment per module for assessment according to the timetable of the course - apart from the Valuation of the Retail Asset module, which is assessed by examination only. Modules marked with † will be assessed by coursework alone.
Exams will be held at the end of May and in October (Week 20 of each semester) as follows:
- One 2-hour written paper for all modules (except those marked with †)
- In Part 1's June Semester there will be a 1½-hour examination for the Valuation of the Retail Asset module
This school offers programs in:
Tarikh Akhir Kemaskini January 31, 2018